Initiation of this plan occurs upon the observation of an event that might have information security or business continuity implications. Examples include:
- A discontinuity or outage or other event impacting a facility, staff, or IT resources
- A user experiencing a problem with his/her workstation
- IT may discover a problem
- Antivirus alert or other IT intrusion detection system alert
- Physical security staff report an incident
- A client or business partner notifies IT of an outage or potential security issue
- A manager reports an outage or potential security issue
- An outside source reports an outage or potential security issue
- The discovery of a fraudulent online transaction, financial or otherwise
- A fraudulent online request by a vendor to change payment instructions
Anyone observing an event that might have information security or business continuity implications is to immediately notify the ISM.
Contributed by Citadel Information Group
© Copyright 2017. Citadel Information Group. All Rights Reserved.